Friday, June 18, 2010

Good Idea...

I saw one of my friends blog about losing weight. She writes on her blog weekly about what she has done that week that has helped her lose the weight. I was thinking, what a great idea. I dont have a lot of blog followers...if there are any still out there who read my blog, since it has almost been a year since I have last blogged.

My goal is to write on my blog, at least once a week, and share what I have done the past week to help me lose some weight. This is also a good way for me to be accountable to something. I figure, it wont hurt anything. At the least, I will have one random blog post about this... who knows.

My goal:
I wont say how much I weigh, because let's be honest, that would just be embarrassing. My goal is to be a more healthier me by the beginning of 2011... That gives me a little more than six months. I would be ok with losing 50lbs., but I am almost thinking 60. We shall see. I dont want to be super skinny... I just want to feel and look more healthy. I honestly dont think it will take me six months to reach my goal, but I need an end point if I would like to reach my goal.

So for now:
I am going to slowly, but surely, stop drinking soda.
I am going to plan my meals- especially lunch for work. I seem to eat out a lot because I forget my lunch. Oopsie!!
I am going to exercise for, at least, an hour five times a week- doing cardio everyday and switch strength training between upper and lower body.
I am also going to drink the amount of water I am suppose to be drinking... YIKES!!!
I am also going to limit calories to max: 1500 and min: 1200.

If you guys have things that help you lose weight and stay healthy, please let me know.

Get excited... because I am!!!

K to the Rista!

4 comments:

Adrienne said...

go girl. I will be in need of this kind of motivation after this baby gets here. I've missed you in the blogging world

Jamee said...

you can do it!!! One thing that helps me eat better is to try and eat at least one iteam from the food group in each meal. No second helpings of anything. Well I guess you could have a second helping of veggies, but I never do. Don't try to cut out anything. I've tried the no sugar thing. Soooo didn't work for me, I just craved it more. I also give myself a free day to eat whatever I want, but i have found that if I eat good throughout the week and try to eat crap on Saturday, my body isn't used to it and doesn't want very much of it. I think you will be surprised how much weight you loose just by cutting out soda. Soda is pure evil in the dieting world. I love nutrition and talking about it so sorry for going on and on. I'm excited to read about what you are doing each week.

Rob and Jen Raybould said...

Good for you, that is awesome!!

Laura Edwards said...

Wahoo! #1- Welcome back to the blogging world. #2- I'm excited for you!