Monday, July 26, 2010

Mountain Dew it's up to you! It's like no other when you discover it!!!

Ill write in green today to sponsor Mountain Dew... hmm...yummy!!!

My name is Krista Bailey and it has been seven days since my last soda...
aka: Mountain Dew!


A couple weeks ago, I blogged about my love for Mountain Dew. And as with many things we love, sometimes we just have to let things go. Mountain Dew would be one of these things for me.

It has been an entire week without any Mountain Dew, or any soda for that matter. If I am being totally honest, I dont feel a "healthier"difference yet. But what I have noticed is I feel a lot more tired. I am not sure if this really correlates with not drinking Mountain Dew or if it is just a coincidence since this past week I havent fallen asleep before midnight...haha. At any rate, I am drinking more water. I am getting between 48-62 oz every day.

How am I doing it:
For one thing, I told people that I am not drinking Mountain Dew, or any soda for that matter, anymore. I fully acknowledge when we go into a restaurant that I will not drink soda and that I will have a "cold glass of water." I do this when I am at home as well. I know it does sound funny, but it does help. Plus, when I really do want a Mountain Dew, my friends are around. This helps me be accountable for my own actions- knowing they might "judge" (term said loosely and more for entertainment) me.

Another thing that helps me is I carry around my Camel back water bottle. My little sister and her husband got these water bottles a couple of years ago and since then, it has become a little fad within my little group of friends, as well within my family. The camel back is just so convenient. We love our camel backs!!

So HORRAY for me!!! Let's hope I can go another week without any of that deliciousness I call Mountain Dew...

Until next time,

Krista

3 comments:

Laura Edwards said...

Congratu-freakin-lations! You are doing awesome!

Annie Hall said...

I won't judge you (there is a Diet Coke on my desk as we speak) but will support you. Good luck!

Adrienne said...

go krista! i've been off soda for so long now that now even having a sip feels weird.